Dr. Cutcha Risling Baldy , writer, blogger and educator. Dr. Risling Baldy is Hupa, Yurok and Karuk and an enrolled member of the Hoopa Valley Tribe in Northern California. She is a professor of Native American Studies at Humboldt State. Dr. Risling Baldy's first book, We Are Dancing For You: Native Feminisms and the Revitalization of Women's Coming-Of-Age Ceremonies uses a framework of Native Feminisms to locate revitalization within a broad context of decolonizing praxis and considers how this renaissance of women's coming-of-age ceremonies confounds ethnographic depictions of Native women; challenges anthropological theories about menstruation, gender, and coming-of-age; and addresses gender inequality and gender violence within Native communities.
- Madrone officially clinches Fifth District seat
- Fortuna Man Sentenced to a Decade in Prison for Shooting Eureka Teen at House Party
- Caps top Crabs in 'frustrating' 5-4 loss
- 21 seats on seven city councils on the ballot this fall
- Elijah Stonebear Williams sentenced to 10 years
- You and the Law: Is it safe to ignore a red light camera ticket?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Former Arcata Mayor Urges Councilmembers to Approve 'The Village'