Author Ashton Applewhite joins hosts Ann Diver-Stamnes and Pam Brown to discuss the topic of aging while female, a term she coined as part of her new lecture series. Ashton wrote the book This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto against Ageism. In this first interview in a two part series, she notes in regard to ageism against women, "Until we mobilize and decide to shine a light on it, we perpetuate it, and we collude in our own marginalization."
- [UPDATE 10:14 p.m.] Vehicle 50 Feet Over a Steep Embankment
- Pine Hill School installs "Buddy Bench"
- Father gets 28-years to life for abusing daughter
- APD gets $20K in Z-bucks for new vehicle
- DTF Pounces on Two Pounds of Meth Right After Car Crosses Humboldt County Line, Says Sheriff’s Office
- DTF: Three Bakersfieldians Arrested in SoHum in Possession of $14k-Worth of Suspected Meth
- Drug task force stops alleged meth transport vehicle
- Redwood Teen Challenge celebrates opening of new home