Will Humboldt be the site of the West Coast’s first offshore wind energy project? Redwood Coast Energy Authority’s Executive Director Matthew Marshall discusses the agency’s proposal for 10-15 floating wind turbines 20-30 miles west of Humboldt Bay. The project is in the early stages and will require numerous studies to examine potential impacts to whales and other marine mammals, seabirds, fish and commercial fishing, and scenic views.
- Red Raiders ride to 25-2
- Survey shows harbor tax support
- Forest Service maintains opposition to nickel mining
- Prayer vigil to end abortion runs through March 25
- Library celebrates 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Rabies vaccine, registration requirements for dog owners
- Body found on Centerville Beach